Prevent of the Next (Hair) Break-down
Stress from your daily chaotic life can make you think you’re sometimes losing it, but facing brittle and weak hair day after day is detely enough to push you over the he edge. Don’t break down just yet! This situation may seem helpless, but it can be treated with a bit of love and consistent care.
How can you confirm that you’re dealing with weak and frail hair, screaming for help? Well, besides a good look in the mirror, if your hair feels thin, dull, rough to the touch, frizzy, easily tangled, and you have split ends … then yes, you have brittle and weak hair that is in an SOS situation.
Your current situation is a result of a combo of terribleness ranging from poorly chosen and harsh hair products, overdoing it with the heat styling, dehydration, too much sun and exposure to pollution, over-brushing, rough towel drying, poor diet, chemical treatments like keratin, and bodily changes often beyond your control like fluctuating hormones.
The severity of these symptoms can range from mild indicators to full-blown devastation zone like hair loss and severe breakage. Nobody needs a meltdown with clumps falling, so why not get ahead of the breakdown with some preventative steps!
- People tend to overdo it with the shampoo, which strips your hair of its natural oils and protective layers – so use sparingly and certainly don’t shampoo every day.
- Your hair is at its most vulnerable when it is wet, so if you’re dealing with weak hair then avoid brushing or combing aggressively when you step out of the shower. Use a leave-in conditioner and comb gently with a wide tooth comb.
- Avoid heat styling as much as possible, and if you must then use a heat protecting spray beforehand.
- Examine your diet and make sure you’re packing in the right nutrients and vitamins.
- Use a targeted all-natural hair mask like Chaos NOURISH weekly to give your hair a dose of nutrients for balanced restoration. You can’t go wrong with this special mix of olive oil, avocado oil, plum extract, rocca, mustik, ylang ylang extract, and sweet almond oil.